Marketing your e-commerce website
Fernando Angulo is Fernando is Head of Communications with SEMRush. In this episode, Fernando gives an in-depth discussion about how to market an e-commerce website.
This is part-two of our series on e-commerce. Listen to part one with Kevin McCall on selecting e-commerce platforms.
He takes listeners through all the essentials, including SEO, advertising, Google Tools, paid-for options, and social media. This is the second and final part of our series on e-commerce platforms and marketing.
Listen to part one in this series – how to select an e-commerce platform, with Kevin McCall.
How to market your e-commerce store
Key takeaways from this episode include:
- Research your niche and what’s happening in your industry before beginning any marketing. Use available analytical tools to help with this task
- Track all referral traffic, including traffic from social media and or affiliates
- Use tools to identify competitor traffic
- Really good content is essential. Hire a writer if you don’t a stellar writer in-house. Web content is your online salesperson!
- Use your blog to create targeted content marketing, although this can take time to boost SEO
- If your website is new and you need leads set a budget for online advertising.
You can find Fernando on LinkedIn. Here’s his recommended reading for this episode:
Large study about Featured Snippets
E-commerce Study free Ebook
Listen to part one with Kevin McCall on selecting e-commerce platforms.
This episode is sponsored by Podmotion.co, a new podcast creation and promotion agency launching soon! Go to Podmotion.co for more details!
© Communicate Influence. Please see Communicate Influence’s Terms and Conditions for information on sharing, adapting or attributing content.