This week we continue our conversation with inspiring entrepreneur Mitch Callahan, CEO of the WooCommerce web development business Saucal.
Mitch shares how he and his business partner Dominik Sauter have grown Saucal in the last ten years.
Both men are big proponents of remote work, because it gives people freedom. For Saucal, this means they've been able to hire from around the world and access a really large talent pool.
Of course, remote teams bring their own challenges, so Mitch discusses how to manage a team when it's spread around around the world and across time zones.
Mitch is a huge fan of storytelling and its power in brand building. He says that everyone launching a business today must really understand what makes them unique so that they can tell their story, carve out a niche, and work towards success.
We also explore:
- The importance of focus time and how to avoid distractions in the age of information overload.
- How Saucal acquires client and how partnerships are really adding to the success of Saucal’s inbound marketing.
- How to counter dark days and what to do when things feel overwhelming.
Two of the many books that have influenced Mitch's life are:
1. Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not! by Robert T. Kiyosaki
2. Good To Great : Why Some Companies Make The Leap and Others Don't, Jim Collins
Mitch on LinkedIn.
Dom on LinkedIn.
Saucal on Twitter.
The podcast show mentioned in the midroll: The Animal Guide for Curious Humans.